We are actively recruiting for the following positions. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume.
Project Manager / Qualitative & Quantitative Research Manager
This position is to serve as a Project Manager for our Q2 platform. Q2 is a combined qualitative / quantitative platform that gathers real-time text-based feedback from a large number of participants during a 90-minute session. The candidate chosen for this position will assist in managing multiple projects on a variety of corporate and political topics.
Founded in 2002, Stratalys provides proprietary qualitative and quantitative research platforms for communications strategy development. We work with public relations firms, political consultants, research companies, advertisers, non-profits, and corporations to optimize their communications campaigns.
What it’s Like to Work Here
Our team members all share a positive attitude, problem solving abilities, and the capacity to stay cool under pressure, which enables them to provide excellent client service even with tight-turnaround deliverables. From San Diego to D.C., we work from our homes wherever that might be. We work independently yet collaboratively. We are a small team, and our culture has resulted in a low turnover rate.
A Day in the Life as a Q2 Project Manager
Typically one Project Manager executes all phases of a Q2 project from beginning to end. That means you work with the client-side contact to shape the discussion guide, manage the recruit and sample providers to get high-quality participants, program the screener and Q2 script in our proprietary platform, moderate the Q2 session, and prepare the post-session summary and transcript. Also, in a company where leveraging technology to collect data and shorten the speed to insight is the name of the game, PMs find and document software bugs and recommend feature improvements to our platforms. No direct programming experience is required for the position, but an interest in software design is a plus.
A typical day might be spent checking in on an ongoing recruit to evaluate if you need to tweak your sampling strategy, bug-testing to verify our software engineers fixed an issue one of your colleagues noted earlier in the week, and moderating a text-based Q2 session. In this session, you are multitasking by sending pre-programmed questions, answering clients’ questions in the observer chat room, and probing respondents who have given a vague answer to one of the questions. (Being an octopus is a plus!)
Qualifications to be a successful Q2 Project Manager
We are seeking an energetic and self-motivated individual who loves research and loves technology. The ideal candidate should have:
- 2-4 years custom marketing research experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong quantitative abilities
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Work well under pressure
- Ability to work approximately 2-4 nights per month moderating Q2 sessions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid client management skills
- Statistical software knowledge (SPSS)
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Test and recommend improvements to beta software
- Act as liaison between client and internal research and support staff
- Advise clients on the appropriateness of survey design/methodology
- Help design and field questionnaires
- Work to ensure data quality
- Analyze data & make recommendations
- Assist in writing project proposals